iron chef: ramen!

aqua city ramen
Apparently, now is a really good time for fellow ramen blogger Keizo to be in Japan. The Aqua City mall in Odaiba, Japan has set up (for a limited time only!) a “ramen hall” featuring 6 different regional styles of ramen, complete with iron chef-like profiles of the chefs behind the ramen. Personally, I would love to try the there’s-plenty-of-chashu-but-where’s-the-ramen ramen at Bannai Syokudou, though the rich black shoyu ramen at Menya Iroha looks darn tempting too. If anyone’s anywhere near Tokyo, and you’re reading this blog, run, don’t walk, to Odaiba! It’s not that far!

via Sky Walker (who also has a lot more tempting pictures of this special occasion.)

8 comments for “iron chef: ramen!

1. 1/21/2008 at 5:39 am

Thanks for the heads up! I’m on my way!! I think an hour break between ramen should work just fine…hahaha. I wish I had more than just a week!!!

2. cutie
    1/21/2008 at 3:48 pm

wow!! thanx for the cool info…..i cannot wait to go there and try it in the near future…..you are so cool to know all these *insider* ramen info…… πŸ™‚

3. 1/24/2008 at 9:35 am

Damn that looks good, any idea how long they’re planning on keeping the ramen hall alive? Hopefully it’ll be there the next time I’m in Tokyo. Check out my ramen site.

4. 1/24/2008 at 5:20 pm

I just got back. The ramen tasted even better because it’s so cold in Odaiba. They said it will be open until August but that could change if it remains popular.

5. 1/25/2008 at 9:19 pm

Ooo, August? Maybe I *will* take a trip to Japan this year after all!

6. Anonymous
    2/6/2009 at 2:37 pm

:monkey: (@[email protected]) πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ (^_^;) (^_^;) πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ™‚ 😑 😐

7. 2/8/2009 at 12:00 am

I guess someone found the new smilies feature (/^.^)/