ramen alert…ramen alert…ramen alert…

santouka

They’re doing it again! A few weeks ago, Santouka Ramen offered a special toromi shoyu ramen, limited to 20 bowls a day. Now they’re back with another special ramen, also limited to 20 bowls a day, and limited only to the Costa Mesa store for their 20th anniversary. This time, the ramen appears to be a miso base, and is called the Awase Aji Ramen.

I’m not sure if this is a cool new trend, or a marketing scheme gone berserk. Either way, if the ramen is good, I’ll keep coming back for more!

The special is happening this weekend, Friday 3/27 through Monday 3/30 and only at the Costa Mesa Mitsuwa.

7 comments for “ramen alert…ramen alert…ramen alert…

1. 3/27/2009 at 5:59 am

The whole limited time offer thing works really really well in Japan, so it makes sense!

2. 3/27/2009 at 6:02 am

Oooh. Thanks for the alert!

3. 3/27/2009 at 8:28 am

Wow so curious what this Awase Aji Ramen is… Darn!

4. Dan
    3/27/2009 at 3:00 pm

Awase miso aji is mixed red and white miso flavor? Damn, this sounds good. Why can’t it be the Santa Monica location?

5. 3/27/2009 at 3:07 pm

Surprise! I made it down there today. It was their Miso, Shio, and Shoyu mixed together with some fish powder. Hence “awase”. It was pretty good! Definitely interesting.

6. 3/28/2009 at 4:54 pm

@Brian: I agree. I just hope they don’t go too crazy with it. It’s nerve-wracking to have to get up early on a weekend and not even know if I’m going to get there in time to try the special ramen!

@radiusedcorner: I’m sure sooner or later they’re going to have one that’s available in SD only. Then it’ll be our turn to cry. Haha

@Dan: you LA county folks seem to always get more goodies than us OC peons. I guess it’s finally our turn! 😉

@Keizo: No, I’ve learned to not be surprised by you when it comes to ramen. Hahaha